Mission and Goals
Our purpose is to provide a strong elementary foundation that combines academic progress with the development of positive self-esteem and responsibility to each other and to the community.
GOALS FOR WOODSIDE SCHOOL
• To provide a strong foundation in reading, writing, and mathematics that can be applied throughout all curricular areas.
• To encourage and develop individual potential based on the ability of each student.
• To encourage and develop positive self-esteem by offering activities that lend themselves to individual improvement.
• To provide a variety of experiences for each individual which promote critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making skills through various teaching methods, emphasizing cooperative learning.
• To promote community involvement through projects both in and out of the classroom.
• To develop awareness and acceptance of people of diverse backgrounds and special needs.
• To promote a close working relationship between teachers, parents, and students.
Our school motto is:
"Every Student Matters, Every Moment Counts!"
WHAT MAKES WOODSIDE A DYNAMIC PLACE TO LEARN AND GROW?
• An experienced and dedicated teaching staff committed to working together to provide a quality program.
• Students who come from a variety of ethnic backgrounds and cultural groups.
• Opportunities for disabled students to achieve success and acceptance.
• Parental involvement is high and parent support is valued.
• Students show consistent academic achievement and personal growth.
• Heterogeneous classes which promote cooperative learning.
• Outstanding special programs.
• We encourage students, teachers, and parents to work together to create a positive learning environment.